Reading En Vogue Gives this book 5 Stars!
It’s probably safe to say that I read “The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer” nearly a year ago. I thought that book was fantastic. I honestly didn’t expect to be as impressed with book #2. I’m sure you all can relate. You read #1 and fall in love with the storyline, characters, setting, etc. The you read #2 and something leaves you with that bad taste in your mouth, never fully satisfied and sometimes wishing you didn’t even open #2.
This sequel does NOT leave that bad taste in your mouth. This book leaves you craving MORE!! And dang it, Hodkin, I want more. Like NOW! I haven’t even looked into when/if a #3 is coming out. But if I have to wait another year, I think I may start dreaming creepy nightmares about this book!
OK, here is the synopsis for “The Evolution of Mara Dyer“:
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past. She can’t. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren’t. She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She’s wrong. In this gripping sequel to “The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer,” the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?
Continuing with the review:
Mara and Noah: This relationship has it all and not enough. Read it. You’ll know exactly what I mean!
Dolls: I will never look at dolls again in the same way…and burning hair…lets not even go there 😉 I am forever creeped out.
Psychologists/psycho-therapy: I have never been comfortable with aspect of medical treatment. And now, even less so!
The storyline flows beautifully and there is never a dull moment. Read it and you won’t want to put it down! If you’ve read Becca Fitzpatrick‘s “Hush, Hush” series and enjoyed the thrill-tastic storyline of Nora and Patch, you WILL love this!
Recommended Reading Level: Ages 15 and Up (language, sexual content, creepiness (ha!))
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer is Aptly Titled (elizabethwillse.com)
- Mara Dyer 101: Getting to Know Michelle Hodkin’s Hit Trilogy (thedailyquirk.com)
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin (thebookhookup.com)
- Book Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer (browsingbookshelves.com)
- Halloween Review – “The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer” and “The Evolution of Mara Dyer” by Michelle Hodkin (rhapsodyinbooks.wordpress.com)
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin (thebookhookup.com)
- Book Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (thedailyquirk.com)
- Lemony Snicket, Mara Dyer return to best sellers list (novelnovice.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Dec 11 (coffeebeansbookshelf.wordpress.com)
- What Did You Read This Weekend? (thebookhookup.com)