The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for my blog. And how very lovely of them to do so! Monkeys, thank you for your hard work and your review! You have successfully encouraged me to keep on keeping on!
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 4,400 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed my blog, it would have taken 7 years to get that many views. Yowza! That’s pretty crazy!
Now, on to more important things–The future of Reading En Vogue, 2013 🙂
My last post was a bit “whiny” and depressing, to say the least. I was in a rough spot. As a mom of two little boys, now working from home, I often find myself pulled in eight million directions (usually all at once ;)). And like most, I get frustrated when my super human mom powers fail me.
However, by some divine intervention, the very next day after my “help me I’m stuck in the wormhole” post, I received word that I was selected as one of 25 VIPs for the Sony Reader Book Club. Whoop whoop!
To summarize: Sony gave me a free Sony Reader with cover, 4 free digital books, and an all expense paid trip to L.A. (three days, two nights) this coming February, and I will meet author Michael Connelly for a live book club discussion.
Needless to say, my writing/reading slump was quickly turned around! Finding out this info. reminded me WHY I started this blog. I LOVE reading YA and working towards completing my own YA and Children’s books.
And so, this leads me to my New Year’s Resolutions 2013
1. Find the time, once per week, to update Reading En Vogue: This is where my writing baby started, and I need to keep it going!
2. Read at least one book per month: I know this seems ridiculous, but I have found it so difficult to find the time to read these past few months. And I know the more pressure I put on myself, the less likely I will make the time to read the books I love.
3. Write about my Sony Reader Book Club experiences: This is an opportunity of a lifetime, and I can’t let myself forget any of it ;).
4. Continue working on my novel and children’s book: Even if it is only for a few minutes, a couple days out of each month, I have to do this for myself. End of story.
5. Meet new blogging friends and stay in touch with the ones I have: I have met SO many dear friends this past year because of my blog: Audrey over at Ink and Page, Maryellen Brady, Raewyn Hewitt, Gaby over at Two Readers Writing, Ellie Potten over at Musings of a Book Shop Girl, Becca at Becca’s Book Bug…and ohhh so many more! These ladies have all kept me going and have been an endless source of encouragement. THANK YOU ALL!
Now, please tell me, what are your New Year’s Blogging Resolutions for 2013?
Cheers to 2013 My Dear Blogging Buddies!
- 2012 in review (crankygiraffe.wordpress.com)
- Sony Reader Store announces Readers Book Club (slashgear.com)
- 2012 in review (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- 2012 in review at Karma Life Readings (karmalifereadings.wordpress.com)